PLEASE READ THE BRIEF DESCRIPTION AND THE ATTACHED DOCUMENTS FOR THE FULL DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Executive Assistant
Campus: Western University Campus-Pomona, CA
-The Executive Assistant reports directly to the VP for Humanism, Equity, and Anti-Racism (VP for HEAR). The Executive Assistant provides operational/ budgetary support to the VP FOR HEAR and is charged with streamlining workflow via logistical facilitation of a compilation of various executive projects, and day-to-day support of the primary budget process (including the annual development and allocation budget phases).
-Assists with the confidential preparation of annual salary associated documents. Maintains timely and cost-effective completion of projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Individuals must possess the knowledge, as well as the following skills and abilities or be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to interact with administration, faculty, staff, and students in a highly responsive and professional manner.
2. Must be a self-assured, experienced leader who can interact with senior executives, anticipate potential problems, and initiate solutions in concert with VP for HEAR. Must be able to initiate correspondence in support of the VP for HEAR’s responses. Must be able to manage a crisis with upset customers or to calm a faculty member. Staff, or student. Must be able to prioritize and schedule meetings for the resolution of problematic issues on a broad scale.
3. Must consistently project the image and brand of the OMI and University in verbal communication, written communication, and inactions.
4. The ability to compose non-routine correspondence independently is essential.
5. Superior computer skills are necessary to establish and maintain filing and data systems. Must be able to create and format documents in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of the Internet and Intranet is required.
6. Must be able to perform in a fast-paced environment managing multiple deadlines without reducing quality.
7. Must be able to type at 55 wpm. Must be able to take dictation from a recorder.
8. Must be able to compose accurate minutes from a variety of strategic and routine meetings.
9. Advanced math and general accounting skills and knowledge of the English language relative to budget computations and letter composition.
10. Proficient computer skills necessary to create documents, spreadsheets, tables, and/or forms in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat Professional, and any other software programs as required by the position.
1. Education: Any combination of education, training, and/or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education is preferred.
2. Experience: 5 or more years of experience in-office procedure and management.
List comments regarding work hours:
Monday through Friday 8 am- 5 pm. Hours may vary depending on events.