Under supervision of the Managing Partner, supervise, teach, and mentor assigned group practice students during patient care sessions in The Dental Center. Oversee group practice management to ensure a humanistic, patient-centered, and efficient general dentistry group practice. Participate in all assigned academic responsibilities necessary for on-time graduation of students. This is a full time position in conjunction with a faculty position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Individuals must possess these skills, abilities, and knowledge or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.1. Recognized knowledge and experience in assigned area of diagnostic and treatment services.
2. Ability to communicate effectively to both individuals and groups in writing and orally.
3. Ability to interact in an effective and positive manner with individuals of diverse backgrounds, including administration, faculty, residents, students, staff, patients, and outside contacts.4. Ability to effectively conduct detail-oriented assignments and maintain confidentiality.5. Ability to effectively manage multiple responsibilities in an academic environment.
1. Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) or equivalent.
2. Active California dental license or be qualified to obtain licensure or faculty special permit in California.
1. Completion of a residency program in General Practice Residency or Advanced Education in General Dentistry.2. Minimum 3 years of clinical practice experience.3. Experience in supervising students and/or residents providing patient care in an academic setting.
4. Demonstrated dental practice managerial experience.
List comments regarding work hours:
Regular hours are Monday-Friday 8 am to 5 pm with the possibility of an earlier start time. Some evenings and weekends may be required. Travel between CDM clinic maybe required.