Please read the brief description AND the attached documents for the FULL INFORMATION
Position Title: Registered Dental Assistant
Position Status: Full-time
This position is located in Rancho Mirage, CA. To assist clinical faculty, dental students and other clinical support staff in the provision of oral health care to patients in the College of Dental Medicine Clinics. Facilitates the efficient delivery of patient care working as part of a multidisciplinary dental team, with the primary role as chairside registered dental assistant for faculty and student providers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Individuals must possess the knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1. Must be a Registered Dental Assistant in the State of California; have a minimum of three years experience as a registered dental assistant; current Basic Life Support; and certified in the operation of dental radiographic equipment
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to effectively interact with health care professionals, students and patients. Bilingual ability helpful.
3. Experience with computers, printers, calculator, fax machine, copy machine operation, and telephone operation.
1. Education: Any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
2. Experience: 3 or more years of experience in a clinic, hospital clinic or dental office preferred. 3. Licensure and Certification: Must have active California RDA license
Experience handling high volume phone calls. Bilingual (Spanish/English), helpful. Understanding of Denti-cal billing.
List comments regarding work hours:
Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm with the possibility of evenings and weekends. Overtime is occasionally required