Please read the brief description AND the attached documents for the FULL INFORMATION.
Checklist: Is a caregiver role right for you?
Maybe you've been thinking about becoming a professional caregiver for some time. Or perhaps you slipped into the role while you started taking your mother to appointments or doing shopping and prescription runs for your uncle. Caregiving can often creep up on you. But it is highly valued career choice, and caregivers play essential roles in supporting older adults in their homes and communities.
We've compiled this brief checklist of frequent caregiving activities to see if the role might be right for you.
Could you help with:
- Driving someone to an appointment?
- Refilling prescriptions?
- Buying groceries and cooking?
- Cleaning a house and helping to do laundry?
- Dressing or showering someone who needs help with this or other types of personal care?
- Transferring someone out of a bed/chair?
- Helping with physical therapy?
- Setting up medical appointments
- Talking with doctors, nurses, care managers and others to understand what needs to be done?
- Being a companion?
If you answered "yes" that you think you would be comfortable completing these types of tasks, then you will likely make a great caregiver.