PLEASE READ THE BRIEF DESCRIPTION AND THE ATTACHED DOCUMENTS FOR THE FULL DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Dean, College of Podiatric Medicine
Campus: Western University Campus-Pomona, CA
The Dean of the College of Podiatric Medicine is chief executive and chief academic officer of the College. He/she reports directly to the Provost/Chief Operating Officer (Provost/COO) and has general responsibility for implementation and coordination of all academic functions within the College of Podiatric Medicine assigned to him/her by the Provost/COO. The Dean of the College of Podiatric Medicine derives responsibility and authority from the Board of Trustees as delegated by the President through the Provost/COO. The associate and assistant deans and other heads of academic components of the College of Podiatric Medicine report to the Dean.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Individuals must possess the knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1. Ability to orally communicate with others, both in person and utilizing a telephone. Ability to effectively interact with administration, faculty, staff, students and outside contacts.
2. Ability to provide leadership in policy formulation.
3. Ability to handle detail-oriented assignments and maintain confidentiality.
4. Organizational skills necessary in prioritizing workload and delegating responsibility.
5. Ability to direct a constant and efficient flow of administrative delegation.
6. Knowledge of educational needs for contemporary Podiatry practice.
1. EDUCATION: An earned doctorate in Podiatry or related discipline.
2. EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 3 years experience in academic administration at an institution of higher education.
PREFERENCES: Preference will be given to individuals with teaching experience in a Podiatry education environment.
List comments regarding work hours:
This is an exempt position.