Please read the brief description AND the attached documents for the FULL INFORMATION
Position Title: Assistant Professor
Campus: Western University Campus-Pomona, CA
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as teaching faculty and to provide patient care in a teaching environment. Teaching will involve assisting in the development, implementation, review, and assessment of the podiatric medical curriculum. Patient care services will involve surgical and non-surgical podiatric care in the inpatient and outpatient settings as well as the development of a full podiatric service at assigned clinical site and its associated facilities. The patient care facilities involve hospital- based clinics and other facilities in nearby areas to reach the population health needs of the surrounding communities. Additional responsibilities include research/scholarly activities, supervising students on service-learning events and contributing on college and university committees, and clinical education of podiatric medical students and residents.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to
explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essentials functions of the
job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1. Possess the appropriate foundational knowledge to deliver quality medication education.
2. Provide clinical care to patients at the facilities indicated in the job summary
3. Provide clinical education to students and residents
4. Ability to exercise leadership skills and make independent decisions
5. Proven track record with clinical research
6. Open, collaborative, team-work based communication and working style to promote multi-disciplinary care and maximize success of all faculty within the College
7. Organizational skills necessary to prioritize and schedule work effectively
8. Ability to handle detail oriented assignments and diverse workloads
1. Education: Candidate must be a graduate of an accredited college of podiatric
medicine in the United States, with at least two years of podiatric medical and surgical residency training and either board certified or in the process through a certifying board approved by the APMA/CPME.
2. Experience: Candidate is expected to possess comparable skill, knowledge and abilities of individual graduate or accredited colleges and universities in the United States.
3. Candidate must be licensed by the California Medical Board (Board of Podiatric Medicine) and possess an unrestricted license to practice podiatric medicine and surgery or be qualified to be licensed by the California Medical Board (Board of Podiatric Medicine) at the earliest available date. Additionally, candidate must have prior completion of at least two years of podiatric medical and surgical residency training and qualified for board certification by an APMA/CPME approved certifying board. Candidate is also subject to satisfactory completion of credentialing/background checks.
Although not required, candidate with bilingual abilities will be viewed favorably.
List comments regarding work hours:
This is an exempt position and thus there may be times working hours may occur before or after normal business hours.