Please read the brief description AND the attached documents for the FULL INFORMATION
Position Title: Patient Care Coordinator
Position Status: Full-time
Campus: Western University Campus-Pomona, CA
Support the College of Dental Medicine Comprehensive Care programs, the Group Managing Partners, Specialty Practice clinics, School Base Oral Health Care clinics, clinical faculty, dental students and other clinical support staff in the Dental Clinics through:
• Management of the Student Group Practices
• Management of Specialty Practice Clinical Practices
• Management of the School Based Oral Healthcare Practice Clinics
• Support of the Dental Students Comprehensive Care Group Practices
• Support Risk and Quality Management Programs
• Support administrative clinical staff
• Support the educational mission of the clinical faculty
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Individuals must possess the knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1. Must have a minimum of three-five years’ experience in a dental clinic or private dental office setting, which includes knowledge in dental insurance billing and appointment scheduling; dental assisting/hygiene experience preferred
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to effectively interact with health care professionals, students, and patients. Bilingual ability helpful.
Experience with computers, printers, electronic patient records, copy machine operation, and telephone operation
Education: Any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Experience: minimum of 3-5 years of administrative experience in a dental office or large dental clinic, scheduling and insurance billing in a clinic. Knowledge of dental terminology.
Experience using dental Electronic Health Record.
Must have a valid Driver’s License
Must maintain a Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) that satisfies the requirements of the WesternU Vehicle Use Policy
Registered Dental Assistant or previous dental assisting experience.
Preference given to those who have experience in dental education.
Experience billing Denti-cal.
List comments regarding work hours:
Usual hours are M-F 8 am to 5 pm with the possibility of an earlier start time. Maybe required to travel to CDM clinical sites which include but are not limited to Pomona, El Monte, Chino and Ranch Mirage CA.