Please read the brief description AND the attached documents for the FULL INFORMATION
Position Title: Operations Manager, CVM Research Department
Position Status: Full-time
Campus: Western University Campus-Pomona, CA
To support research and grant activities supervised by the Associate Dean for Research in the College of Veterinary Medicine (CVM)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Individuals must possess knowledge, as well as the following skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities. · Attention to detail, ability to independently generate accurate reports by short- and long-term deadlines
· Reliability, strong organizational skills, and work ethics
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Expert level Excel user, able to create and manage complex spreadsheets and descriptive statistics
· Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Office, Power BI, SharePoint.
· Advanced mathematical skills, including ability to use a 10-key calculator.
· Independent problem solving and analytical skills.
· Excellent communication skills. Must be able to interact effectively with administration, faculty, staff, and students.
--Education: BA or BS degree related to Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Organizational Management, Mathematics, Biology or related field required. --Experience: A minimum of 2 years of related experience is desirable
Prior experience in in an office or biomedical setting assisting with operations planning, budgeting, and /or performance reporting is preferred. Some exposure to higher education or biomedical research is desirable.
List comments regarding work hours:
Typical hours are Mon-Fri 8am-5pm, with one hour lunch. Occasional evening and/or weekend hours may be required.