Please read the brief description AND the attached documents for the FULL INFORMATION
Position Title: HVAC Technician
Position Status: Full-time
Campus: Western University Campus-Pomona, CA
Provides support by installing, maintaining and modifying ventilation, air conditioning systems and generators for a clean and comfortable climate. Provides support to the Director of Physical Plant by continuing education on the HVAC control systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Journeyman skill level with the ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical systems related to commercial office buildings.
2. Ability to read commercial building blueprints and electrical control schematics.
3. Must follow all rule of safety for electrical and/or maintenance work performed.
4. Must have prior experience with heating and air conditioning systems, hand tools and other tools that are necessary to perform the duties of this position.
5. Good mathematics and verbal communication skills. Knowledge of mechanical and electrical skills.
6. Must have knowledge of air conditioning/heating controls: Tracer Summit, Automatic logic, Carrier IVU
7. Must have computer skills: Internet, Spreadsheets and be willing and able to learn new computer skills.
8. Must have good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to interact effectively with administration, faculty, staff and outside contractors.
9. Must have ability to handle detail-oriented assignments and be flexible with job assignments. Ability to organize and prioritized workload in order to meet necessary deadlines.
1. Education: Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Must have a High School Diploma. Must have EPA Certificate
2. Experience: Five (5) years HVAC and general maintenance experience.
3. Computer experience: Internet, spreadsheets and heating/air conditioning controls.
4. Must have cell phone for departmental communication purposes.
5. Must be trained in ALC software and Tracer software.
WebCTRL System Associate certification WebCTRL System Associate
List comments regarding work hours:
Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm