Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Facilities & Physical Plant, the Executive Director is responsible for the efficient upkeep of the institution’s buildings and grounds resulting in a highly satisfied stakeholders, a well-functioning physical plant, and an aesthetically pleasing campus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Individuals must possess knowledge, as well as the following skills and abilities or be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
· Must be an excellent communicator and motivator skilled in prioritizing, organizing, coordinating and overseeing various types of projects. Must be able to effectively communicate and interact with administration, faculty, staff, students and outside vendors and agencies. Experience dealing with highly confidential matters.
· Must have the ability to effectively foster teamwork with a “hands-on” practical, yet professional manner.
· Must have a strong ethos of outreach, proactive communication, and customer satisfaction.
· Must have proven analytical, organizational, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills required to oversee, prioritize and meet completion deadlines for various simultaneous projects, events and situations. Must have the ability to function professionally and effectively under pressure.
· Disciplined, creative self-starter who can take complex situations and create, design and implement the necessary system(s) to manage the information, process or project.
· Excellent computer skills necessary to set up document formats in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and any other software program required by this position.
General math skills, including general accounting skills, general procurement/inventory skills.
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business or closely related field (Master preferred), or demonstrable equivalent combination of education, certifications, and experience required to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position
2. Experience: Minimum of seven (7) years facilities administration experience with a focus on customer support and satisfaction.3. Bilingual: English and Spanish speaking required.
List comments regarding work hours:
Monday – Friday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, may work evenings and weekends.