Please read the brief description AND the attached documents for the FULL INFORMATION
Position Title: Clinical Advisor
Campus: Western University Campus-Pomona, CA
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a Clinical Advisor for the College of Graduate Nursing for students in the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) Program. This position reports to the Program Director.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1. Expertise and knowledge of entry level nursing and advanced practice of nursing.
2. Knowledge of basic and advanced clinical skills required of nurses in multiple settings.
3. Maintain accurate records and clear reports of clinical performance of students.
4. Ability to communicate with a variety of health professionals that contribute to the clinical/didactic education of nursing students.
5. Work effectively with colleagues, staff and administration to advance the mission of the institution.
6. Proficient in software applications including but not limited to MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams as well as video communications (i.e. Zoom) and internet and database applications. Knowledgeable of learning management systems (i.e. Canvas).
1. EDUCATION: Must possess a Master of Science in Nursing from an accredited institution; doctoral degree desirable but not required. 2. LICENSURE: Must possess a current and valid RN license and PMHNP Certification. 3. EXPERIENCE: One year PMHNP experience required. Two years teaching experience in nursing education preferred.
List comments regarding work hours:
Position supports a hybrid program. Hours as necessary and agreed upon with Program leadership to complete essential job duties. Estimate 52 hours per semester / 156 hours for year.