The Associate Registrar provides leadership to staff and ensures the development and implementation of policies and procedures for managing the Office of the Registrar as well as assists in analyzing, designing, recommending, implementing, and maintaining administrative systems and business processes. This position is responsible for the smooth technical operation and development of Banner student services (student registration transactions, grading, transcripts, degrees, withdrawal services, imaging, and workflow), as well as all web information and applications. This position specifies, designs, and programs departmental student transactions and systems including web software, portal interfaces, student web transactions, workflow processes and imaging operations. Leads the testing for the Student Team when upgrading software. The Associate Registrar represents the Registrar as directed and provides a high quality of customer service and senior project leadership on special projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Individuals must possess the following skills and abilities and be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.- Leadership skills with strong decision-making skills and demonstrated good judgment
- Significant knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Registrar’s office, including Federal and California laws pertaining to the privacy rights of students and access to student information (FERPA), student registration, course enrollment, recording of grades, awarding of degrees, and maintenance of student records.
- Ability to assess business processes, identify operational gaps, and implement improvement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of best practices in the field, and ability to recommend changes and modifications to current systems.
- Demonstrate functional system experience, experience implementing new systems and problem solving within software systemsRequired Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.Experience: Five years of experience in a University Registrar’s office or in a similar University administrative office.Computer Skills: Hands-on experience with Ellucian Banner Student Module or similar student information system. Expertise in performing data analysis using Microsoft Excel. Experience in Higher Education environment. Must be willing to grow and develop technical skills required to support this type of technical environment.
Experience working with the Banner student module is preferred.
List comments regarding work hours:
Regular work hours are 8 am to 5 pm with some evenings and weekend hours as needed