Responsible for providing content expertise in Food Animal Medicine, incorporating the discipline in the curriculum, and contributing to scholarly advancement of the field. This faculty member will provide support in the training of students throughout the DVM curriculum. This faculty member will serve as a college-wide content expert in Food Animal Medicine and contribute as an active member of college and university committees. This faculty member will assume various teaching roles, where required, to meet curricular demands and as assigned by the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs. This position reports to the Dean or their designee. Academic activities are supervised by the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs. Research activities are supervised by the Associate Dean for Research. Clinical activities are supervised by the Associate Dean for Clinical Services. Professional activities are supervised by the Executive Associate Dean.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities, or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
1. Current theoretical knowledge and clinical skills in the field of Food Animal Medicine. Clinical practice experience with food animals is required.
2. Organizational skills necessary in prioritizing workload, delegating responsibility when appropriate, and managing course(s) effectively.
3. Proven teaching skills.
4. Effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to effectively interact with administration, faculty, staff, students at the college and university levels, and with outside contacts, in a timely manner.
5. Ability to handle detail-oriented assignments and maintain confidentiality according to state/federal laws.
6. Professional demeanor and collegiality
1. EDUCATION: An earned Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Degree (DVM/VMD) or equivalent degree.2. EXPERIENCE: Candidates must have at least 5 years of food animal clinical experience at the time of hire.
Diplomate status or eligibility for certification examination by an AVMA specialty college or board, or equivalent residency training is preferred. Applicants who have earned a post-DVM graduate degree (MSc or Ph.D.) in Food Animal Medicine are highly encouraged to apply.
List comments regarding work hours:
Hours will vary and may include some evenings and/or weekends.