Please read the brief description AND the attached documents for the FULL INFORMATION
Position Title: Assistant/Associate Professor - General Dentist
Campus: Western University Campus-Pomona, CA
Supervise dental students and/or residents in patient care activities at WesternU The Dental Center or other CDM locations. Working with clinic administration, ensure an efficient, humanistic and patient-centered clinic operation providing high quality care to patients. Educate students according to standards of the College of Dental Medicine (CDM). Provide direct treatment to patients in a broad range of general dentistry services as required for operational success
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Individuals must possess these skills, abilities and knowledge or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1. Recognized knowledge and experience in a broad range of general dentistry diagnostic and treatment services.
2. Ability to communicate effectively to individuals and groups, both in writing and orally.
3. Ability to interact in an effective and positive manner with individuals of diverse backgrounds, including administration, faculty, residents and/or students, staff, patients, and outside contacts.
4. Ability to effectively conduct detail-oriented assignments and maintain confidentiality.
5. Ability to effectively manage multiple responsibilities in an academic environment.
1. Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) or equivalent. 2. Active California dental license or be qualified to obtain licensure or faculty special permit in California. Preferred Qualifications:
1. Completion of a residency program in General Practice Residency or Advanced Education in General Dentistry. 2. Minimum 3 years of clinical practice experience. 3. Experience in supervising students and/or residents providing patient care in an academic setting. List comments regarding work hours:
Regular hours are Monday-Friday 8 am -5 pm with a possibility of an earlier start. Some evening and weekends may be required. Travel to other CDM clinical sire may be required.