The Academic Laboratory Assistant provides technical and non-technical support to the academic labs of the College of Veterinary Medicine. The Academic Laboratory Assistant (Anatomy) reports to the Academic Laboratory Supervisor as designated by the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Individuals must possess the knowledge, as well as the following skills and abilities or be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities, including:
1. Good verbal and written communication skills
2. Self-motivation and initiative
3. Ability to interact effectively with faculty, staff and students
4. Ability to work with and around embalmed/non-embalmed animal cadavers and pieces
5. Ability to prioritize workload
6. Ability to work without direct supervision
1. Education: Any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
2. Experience: Experience working in an anatomy laboratory or similar laboratory setting and/or academic setting
3. Additional Requirement: Must possess a valid California driver’s license
List comments regarding work hours:
Monday through Friday, some evenings and weekend may apply